Health Unlimited’s “Be A Swimmer”
2023 Winter Group Lesson Schedule
All Classes are 40 minutes each, and meet 1x per week for 6 weeks
Winter Session: February 18th – March 30th
Member Registration: Wednesday, January 11th
Non-Member Registration: Wednesday, January 25th
Registration begins at 8am at Health Unlimited or Online
Member: $56 Nonmember: $112
Cancellations: Health Unlimited may consolidate, or cancel a class if registration is insufficient. A full refund will be given should the class be cancelled.
- Withdrawal Policy: If a student withdraws from a class at least 7 days prior to the start of the class, a credit or refund will be given. If notification is given less than 7 days prior to the start of a class, a refund will only be given if we are able to fill the vacancy. A $10 processing fee will be deducted from all refunds. No refunds will be given once the class has started.
- Make-up Classes: No make-ups or refunds for missed classes will be provided for any reason. Classes that are cancelled by Health Unlimited will be rescheduled or additional time may be added to remaining classes.
- Expectations: Swimming is a skill that requires lots of practice. In most cases parents should expect their swimmer to repeat the class they are currently in.
- Capacities: Health Unlimited may increase a class size to ensure swimmers are in the correct class in special cases once the session begins.
- Swim Attire: Swimming goggles are recommended. Students should wear comfortable, tight-fitting swimsuits. Rash guard shirts are not advised to wear in the water. It makes swimming harder by causing drag, restricting arm movements, retaining water, and makes the swimmer colder. It is recommended to have students try everything that is planned to be worn in the pool, days prior to the 1st lesson, at home in the bathtub or shower, to ensure comfort, fit, and function.
By registering for a class, you have read, acknowledged, and agree to procedures and policies of Health Unlimited.
PARENT CHILD CLASSES – AGES 6 MONTHS TO 4 YEARS OLD
Water Babies: Parent & Child (6 months – 18 months): Special bonding between parent and child as they learn to feel comfortable in the water together while working on basic skills such as water adjustment and exploration, kicking, blowing bubbles, floating and safety. Class size: 9
Water Tots: Parent & Child (18mos – 4yrs): Continual emphasis on basic skills with the parent while moving towards independence. Skills include water exploration, kicking, bobbing, blowing bubbles, front and back floating and safety. Class size: 12
PRESCHOOL CLASSES – AGES 3 TO 6 YEARS OLD
Preschool Combo Beginner 1&2 (3 to 5yrs); This class combines Preschool Beginner 1 and 2 level classes for those kids that are not in school and are able to participate independently of their parent. Skills and class focus is tailored to participants skill level. Class size: 4
|9:30 – 10:10am||9:30am – 10:10am|
Preschool Beginner 1 (For ages 3 to 5yrs): Designed for the swimmer who is a little apprehensive of the water but will participate independently of their parent. Basic skills taught include blowing bubbles, slow submersion, and breath control, supported flutter kicking, back floating with elementary backstroke, and supported front crawl. Class size: 4
Preschool Beginner 2 (3 ½ to 5yrs): This class is designed for the child who is comfortable in the water and willing submerges their entire face and head. Skills taught include unsupported flutter kick (front/back), elementary backstroke, breaststroke arms, and front crawl. Class size: 4
Preschool Intermediate (3 ½ to 6yrs): This class is designed for the swimmers who can glide on their front and backs and flutter kick on their front and back without instructor assistance. The front crawl stroke with rotary breathing will be developed and with backstroke and breaststroke kick introduced. Other survival skills included are treading water and longer front/back floats. Class size: 4
YOUTH CLASSES – AGES 6 TO 10 YEARS OLD
Youth Beginner 1 (6yrs – 10yrs): A beginner class for students who do not feel comfortable or confident in the water, and for those who rely on support in the water. This class is designed to help the child gain confidence with assisted and unassisted work on bobbing, breath control, front and back floating, kicking, elementary backstroke, and front crawl. Class size: 4
Youth Beginner 2 (6yrs – 10yrs): This class is for kids who are comfortable in the water, can float on front/back, and push-off and glide from the wall unassisted. Swimmers continue to develop front crawl into freestyle. Deep water orientation, treading water, and breaststroke arms are introduced. Class size: 5
Youth Intermediate 1 (6yrs – 10yrs): In this class, the kids will work on refining freestyle with effective rotary breathing, backstroke with correct kick, and breaststroke kick is introduced. Swimmer must be able to front/back float and tread water for required time. Class will also begin to work on increasing endurance. This class is held in the lap pool. Class size: 6
Youth Intermediate 2 (6yrs – 10yrs): Swimmers must be proficient in freestyle and backstroke. Class will continue to work on skills and proficiency in breaststroke and be introduced to butterfly. Swimmers will also continue to build their endurance with challenging drills and longer swims. This class is held in the lap pool. Class size: 7
TEEN CLASSES – AGES 11 TO 16 YEARS OLD
Teen Beginner (ages 11-16yrs): A beginner class for teen students who are not comfortable or confident in the water, and for those who rely on support in the water. Teen swimmers will gain confidence with assisted and unassisted work on bobbing, breath control, front and back floating, kicking, elementary backstroke, and front crawl. Class size: 4
Teen Intermediate (ages 11-16yrs): Swimmer must be able to swim underwater for an appropriate length, front & back float, and effectively tread water. Swimmers work on developing freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly is introduced. This class is held in the lap pool. Class size: 6
For further assistance, questions, or concerns with group lessons, please contact Marty Seitz, Aquatics Director, at your convenience via email: firstname.lastname@example.org